Lesson 3 - Introducing the tenses + conjugations.
Hoi Dutchie to be,
In this class, I am introducing the three tenses that you can use to say something about the past, which are:
- imperfectum (simple past/onvoltooid verleden tijd)
- perfectum (present perfect/voltooid tegenwoordige tijd)
- plusquamperfectum (past perfect/voltooid verleden tijd)
Examples for a sentence like "Ik fiets naar school", are:
- Ik fietste naar school. (imperfectum)
- Ik ben naar school gefietst. (perfectum)
- Ik was naar school gefietst. (plusquamperfectum)
I will introduce these tenses shortly in a PDF, and then, we're also going to learn how to conjugate regular verbs in the perfectum and imperfectum:
You can watch this video on YouTube here.
Test your knowledge about when a sentence is in the imperfectum, perfectum, or plusquamperfectum.
How to conjugate the verbs yourself?
Now practice conjugating regular verbs in the imperfectum + perfectum (past participle) in the included class here: